Brief History of the Organization: Paropakar Primary Health Care Centre was initiated with tremendous efforts and active participation of local people and had worked on entirely voluntary basis. It was certainly the beginning of this organization nearly seventeen years ago. But after the restoration of multiparty democracy in Nepal in 1990, a favorable environment was created for the NGO movement in Nepalese society for peoples’ advocacy, promotion of their participation in the development endeavors and empowerment.
1. Paropakar Primary Health Care Center is an entirely non-profit making, non-governmental non-political social development organization. It was established with the core objectives of enhancing socio-economic conditions of the Nepalese society through sustainable development process in order to help develop livelihood of deprived and marginalized segment of our community. It has been working throughout the country for the upliftment of deprived and marginalized groups of our society giving special priority for the enhancement of socio-economic status of rural, poorest of the poor and marginalized groups. Since its establishment, the organization has been providing services in different sectors, which include Gender Equality and Social Inclusion, Women Empowerment, Good Governance, Social Mobilization and REFLECT Circles, Project Planning, Implementation and M&E, Capacity Building, Organizational Development and Leadership, Livelihood Empowerment, Community Health and Hygiene, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation, Emergency Rescues and Relief, Community and Primary Health Care Services, Environment Conservation and Forest Management, Advocacy and Networking for Social Empowerment and Non- formal Education. All these (highlighted in green above) should be mentioned in PPUK Website as well !!!
Human Resources and Expertise of the Organization: Staff Volunteers Financial Sources Experience/Areas of Expertise Paid Unpaid Paid Unpaid External Internal 17 25 Donors’ Contribution NGO Assistance Membership Fees Contribution from Members and Volunteers Community Contribution
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion, Women Empowerment and Good Governance.
- Social Mobilization and REFLECT Circles
- Project Planning, Implementation and M&E
- Capacity Building, Organizational Development and Leadership
- Livelihood Empowerment
- Community Health and Hygiene including Rural Water Supply and Sanitation
- Emergency Rescues and Relief
- Community and Primary Health Care Services.
- Environment Conservation and Forest Management.
- Advocacy and Networking for Social Empowerment and Non- formal Education.